I was planning to write a super long, well-though text on myself, but then I though that would be awfully clichéd. So, let’s just stick to a totally random bulleted list of facts about me, which I might keep updated or not.
- Almost everyone calls me Ari! Which is a super cute nickname I absolutely adore! Feel free to call me so if you like to!
- I was born in Argentina, but barely lived there. I was raised in Chile and I live in Spain since 2007.
- I’m from Italian descent… This means I prepare coffee in a moka pot.
- C. I love C. I’ve learned to despise Python and similar high level languages.
- Parlo, escric i de vegades fins i tot penso en català (vaig viure 9 anys a Barcelona!)
- I currently work as Foreign Rights Manager at Next Door Publishers, an independent publishing house that is all about showing how much science rocks!
- I love dancing mambo and salsa. I’m one of those weirdos who dance On Bass or On Clave! (If you don’t know what that is, you’re probably a saner person than I am.)
- No pineapple on pizza, please. Have I mentioned I’m from Italian descent? Well, from Calabria, so don’t stray away from tradition in pizza, please.
- My first programming language was BASIC on my late granddad’s ZX Spectrum!
- I love firing up my MS-DOS 6.22/Windows 3.11 VM just to type stuff on QBASIC and play some MS Hearts!
- One of my dreams is to go to the Caribbean, lie on a beach wearing an olive green bikini, a nice hat, and just chill there.
- I love spicy food… Bring out all your hottest chiles!
- I went to Law school for my extra credits when I was an undergrad Philology student!
- My OS of choice is Arch Linux. I use sway as my WM… and I mostly live in a terminal!
- I don’t have a driver’s license.
- But I do hold a PhD in Linguistics.
- Maybe the two facts above are somehow related?
- I used to conlang quite a lot when I was a teenager… I might get into that some time in the future!
- Once I infiltrated myself into an architects meeting and nobody figured I was an imposter!
- I have the superpower of ending up in meetings with high ranking government officials… without me planning any of it.
- I also have the superpower of almost always sorting out paperwork and bureaucracy in the most non-standard and unexpected ways possible.
- I’m a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender!
- My dream house would be an open concept home, with lots of windows, very bright, and where I could share a nice cup of wine with someone special. I also want a nice swimming pool, even though I can’t swim.
- I cook rice and pasta superbly!
- Oh, and last but not least, I happen to have an PGP key!
By the way, this is me:
I think that’s enough… Stay alert for any updates here! Or not!